Thursday, December 9, 2010

Alternative Me-Time

Me-time used to be something taken for granted when I was single. Though it's still limited, but I can have it like anytime of the day: midnight, at dawn, afternoon. Anytime can. Anywhere can.

Then I got married and baby R is born. Me-time is becoming a privilege. Rarely to be found. Though I have a chance, usually it doesn't last long because baby R will wake up in less than 2hr whenever I'm not around her.

Until recently I found an alternative of enjoying my own me-time without any distraction. The best me-time is actually during traffic jam! Well, thanks to my driver Pak Dedi who makes this possible in an easier way. Meanwhile this me-time on the road is perfect for writing, tweeting, and blogging. This is why traffic jam is my best alternative me-time:
1. I spent an average of 5-6hr every single day on the road due to the traffic jam (yes, with route Jatiwarna - Jatiwaringin - Wijaya pp)
2. I carried several heavy bags contains breast pump + bottles, and also my laptop and other mini but useful gadgets i.e. modem, cable data, blackberry charger, handsfree, etc. Gotta utilize them all
3. I always love writing and dreaming of becoming a productive (and a positive thinking) writer. Twitter used to be my compensation, but I feel the needs of bigger space of expressing my bitterness positivity as 140 characters in twitter won't be sufficient
4. There's always something new with my baby R and with my considered-new marriage. Won't be able to write them all in diary, so just write them in blog
5. There's a lot of pictures of baby R, me and ayah taken everyday, especially on the weekend. Let's share it! (yes, in the spirit of my narcissism)

So, from now on you should find my swearing tweets about traffic jam in Jakarta becoming less and less. As long as the traffic jam doesn't last more than 3hr :p

So let's write in the middle of the crowd out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment